Wednesday, April 3, 2019

CCR Planning Day Uno

     Hello again! I want to dedicate this post to the CCR planning I did today with my friend Maddie. She is also developing a docu-series and her's is about the impact Wilton Manors in Florida has had on LGBTQ+ youth in the area. As a part of that youth, I am delighted to be participating in an interview for the piece as well as helping her create an interview-like CCR. We'll be filming both on Sunday. 
     However, I have decided to deviate from the interview style we had originally conceptualized. I feel like my independent work on this project is encouraging me to create a CCR on my own and as much as I love Maddie, I think I'll be exploring this portion of the project alone too. 
     I was considering what I could do that is individual as well as interesting. I definitely think I'm going to do a vlog-style CCR after I am done helping Maddie in Wilton Manors. I want to visit the filming locations I collected footage at to primarily guide the vlog. 
     A vlog is is a "form of blog for which the medium is video, and is a form of web television," (Wikipedia, "Vlog"). In other words, this CCR is going to be treated like the ultimate blog post where I will be answering the 4 questions required by Cambridge. I think the cool thing about vlogs is that they "often combine embedded video (or a video link) with supporting text, images, and other metadata" to create an interactive and visually diverse video. I am studying different vlogs from popular individuals like David Dobrik whose vlogs are known for implementing immense amounts of humor in them. I am also watching videos such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGQ0l3I7CeI to prepare for filming on Sunday. 
     I will continue planning my CCR exactly how I want it to come out, which means thinking about what other media I'll want to embedd and writing a script. I will most likely have to memorize most of the script since the vlog style is more natural and I would like to convey the authenticity of a vlog by not using a script in front of me. I'll see you guys soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...