Thursday, April 4, 2019

How to be Social 101

     Today's work has been minimal editing and the birth of the series' social media. I have been swarmed with work in other classes, so I chose to do something easier today to further my progress in the project. 
     I created a Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube page for the documentary as you can see below: 


     I chose these three sites because they're, to put it simply, the most necessary sites for marketing the docuseries needs. Going back to the research I did earlier in my project specifically on other documentaries, Facebook was the common social media site used among every single piece I observed (and trust me, I looked at way more than I documented). Twitter is a site that is currently rooted in social justice and because my docuseries' purpose is to express the humanity of immigrants in the US, I chose to make a Twitter for them as well. A Youtube... I believe that choice is a bit self explanatory for the sake of uploading the first episode (and maybe some promo vids if I'm offered the time). 
     You may have noticed that the pages have yet to be designed fully, which can be explained by my lack of sufficient time to complete them. Designing these pages further creates the brand that I am creating, therefore I would like to dedicate more time to carefully choosing the color scheme, the writing in the posts, the icons, etc. 
     On another note, I was originally considering creating an Instagram as well. However, I decided against this choice because of lack of necessity. Additionally, individual pages for documentaries on Insta don't get as much traffic as the pages for streaming services like Netflix do and those pages primarily promote original content or productions that are extremely popular among the masses like "Riverdale." I'd rather keep marketing via other social media sites not *completely* dominated by streaming service accounts. 
    That is all for today! I'll be linking the social media pages with the website as soon as I finish making this post. I hope you enjoyed your update and I will see you guys again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...