Sunday, April 8, 2018

Post Production Blues

     Hey folks! I've been very focused on editing the video that I haven't prioritized giving this blog updates. However, I want to focus on some issues I've encountered while creating a final product for the video portion of this project. 
     My first mistake was accidentally losing the footage I had for the establishing shot of the film. The dialogue heard in that opening frame introduces the macro setting for the piece, Miami, and the initial time the events are occurring: Spring Break. That being said, I decided to include text prior to the actual scenes that explicitly states the setting. 


     I have also cut shots from the short film because of time constraints. Whichever frames have now been omitted I have felt could be taken from the film because they aren't necessary. Before I post the final video, I will post pictures of the storyboard after the cuts have been made. 
     Additionally, I've had to work with the inconsistency of placement between cuts. For example, there are shots I have had to work around where the main character's hands change from resting against her face to not being visible in the frame. 
     While observing and cleaning the footage I gathered last week, I noticed that there was an inconsistency in brightness between videos as well as the inconsistency in audio for the footage taken at the restaurant due to the constantly playing music there. To fix this, I have been playing around with the brightness of the frames as well as enhancing the audio of all the videos to remove background noise. 
     Last but not least, I had a scene that came out a bit shaky because I don't have a long tripod to support my camera. Therefore, this shot: 
Wasn't completely still as I intended it to be. Luckily for me, the shot isn't very significant aside from establishing the location to lay a foundation for the tone of April's friendship and encounter with Luke. 
     That's it for now guys, I'll be posting my final product later this week!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...