Tuesday, April 10, 2018

What's In, What's Not

     Okay so you guys know how I said I was going to use those blacked out frames with the locations on them in the opening? Well forget I said anything!
     This post is going to be dedicated to showing all of you what is officially in the opening and what shots have been taken out. To do so, I am going to post an edited version of my original storyboard.
     Here you can see that I had to take out the establishing mid shot (already explained in an earlier post), the close up of April as the phone rings, and the extreme close shot of April's eyes. I was okay with deleting that last frame because it wasn't necessary. April's distress is evident in the shot prior to her reaching for her phone anyway.

     Here I deleted the shot of Luke motioning for April to come sit with him. I also cut the frame before it, but failed to indicate it on the paper. The sequence cuts from the establishing shot of the restaurant straight to the two shot of April and Luke talking. I also omitted the two shot illustrated later on that paper so that the dialogue was faster and got to the point of the scene quicker. 

      As much as I absolutely loved the shot I captured for the close up of the french fries, the cut was too short and was unnecessary. 
     I didn't change much on this last one except for how I edited the long shot of April and Luke walking away from 100 Montaditos. Instead of a long master shot, I opted to use a jump cut to quicken the pace of the transition between scenes and explain how they got from one point to another in the first place. 
     Another small change I made that didn't quite make it onto these papers is the shots in which actor, director, producer, and other credits are displayed in. I'll leave that one up for everyone's interpretation until you see the final product. Until next time, amigos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...