Sunday, March 18, 2018

Group Meetings = A Burst of Ideas

     Hey folks! I haven't been able to sit down and recap my last class' endeavors until now. Our teacher put us into groups so that we could review our progress among peers. For me and the others in my group, it went really well. The three people I was with were very impressed by my project and the idea I've been brewing. Additionally, they were able to help me with concerns I've been having as I continue planning the logistics of the whole film.
     One concern I had was in regards to the location of the filming for the second scene that will be shown in the 2 minute introduction. One of the members of my group pointed out that filming in a potentially loud environment while lacking any good sound equipment would be a poor choice. Having been to the Venetian pool during this time of the year, I know that it can get fairly busy due to the abundance of families in attendance. The same could be said for a lot of the locations I'd be filming at in Wilton Manors and Ocean Drive. With this taken into consideration, I have narrowed down my potential filming locations to the Perez Art Museum in Miami, Krispy Kreme, and 100 Montaditos, all of which provide the intimate setting I am attempting to capture. Aside from this, I also realized I must be careful to film on windy days if I have any frames taken outside.
     Another thing I noted from the meeting was the intended emotion the main character has to convey in the first scene. Another member of my group specified that the character's emotions must be very evident so the audience knows how she feels about the situation she is in and how her friend's words are affecting her. They also pitched that I should do a voice over of the fight her and her girlfriend had the night before when she is reading the apologetic texts her abuser sends her. However, upon further review, I have decided to omit that choice from my film because I am attempting to have a more realistic approach to my movie. Having a voice over during that particular moment may take away from the severity of what's happening to our main character.
     During the conversations I had with my group members, I thought of a potential way to transition from the first scene of the film to the second. I've been stuck on how I'm going to move the characters from the first scene to the second, but I believe I have figured out what I want to do. When I sketch out the transition as well as the second scene, I will explain in further detail.
     I know that my specification of certain parts of the film may be confusing since I haven't exactly explained the exact direction for the film yet. Luckily for all of you, my friends, I am going to dedicate a post later to the first scene I have sketched out and explain the storyboard thoroughly. I'm glad the group meeting gave me a lot of good ideas and gave me more confidence in my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...