Friday, March 23, 2018

And Thus, There Was a Story...

     I promised a finished storyboard, and I intend not to break that promise. In this post, I will be elaborating on the finalized storyboard for my two minute introduction. No reason to stall, so *drum roll*......


     In this second portion of the 2 minute introduction, Maria arrives at the restaurant and finds Lucy/Luke already sitting at one of the patio tables outside the location. She approaches them and they begin to converse as she sits adjacent to them. They share a lively and easygoing conversation. When Luke/Lucy points out and jokes around about April having hickies on her neck, the tone shifts and they realize that those aren't hickies in the first place. April tells them not to worry and Lucy/Luke comply for the time being. They continue eating their food. The next portion of this scene cuts to a wide, two shot of the characters walking away from the restaurant, implying that they have finished their meal. The pair of friends are talking as they are seen in this frame and continue when the camera cuts to a medium shot of the two. They stop walking when Luke/Lucy brings up the bruises and the camera cuts to an even closer shot. April starts to walk away but Luke/Lucy calls from behind her and stops her in her tracks. 
     A couple of obstacles I have discovered are technical filming problems. First, there's a point of view shot in the first scene of the introduction that I'm not quite sure how I'll film. The shot can be observed in the blog post I made with my first storyboard, however, I am going to include a picture of the specific frame here: 
Holding the camera down in such a way for the amount of time needed for it to be completely still is hypothetically difficult. I've considered two solutions. On one hand, I could create a contraption that would allow the camera  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...