Monday, March 25, 2019

Let's Hear it For the Boy!

     I have finally come off what my teacher coined an "accomplishment high" that I've promptly been riding since Saturday when I heard back from USC and SCA. I only mention this because of how encouraging their decision has been for me going forward, not only in the admission's process but the creative process as well. I feel more confident entering the editing stages of this project and now that I've looked through the interview footage, I am ready to dive in! 
     As I watched the videos, I took notes of different talking points, important statements, imperative explanations, and feelings/reactions to events included in each individual clip. I think this will make the organization of the piece easier tomorrow when I develop the narration and order of the documentary. I also noted which clips had faults in them and which ones were unusable alltogether. After this, I went ahead and marked which bullet points I found would be most effective in the piece and/or had accompanying B-Roll footage that would visually stimulate the documentary. Finally, I highlighted what videos were going to be the most important to include to create an easier-to-navigate paper. Below are my results: 

     I will be using this review to organize the piece faster and easily. I will also be making a post dedicated to some of the videos that haven't made the cut as a way to introduce everyone to the composition of the interview (her positioning, the audio, etc) and express the challenges faced when we were filming. 
     On another note, something else that occurred while I was reviewing footage was the spontaneous decision to add more B-Roll shots based on some of the things my mom had said. When expressing her concerns for me being transgender, she mentions her fear of medical complications because of the medication I'm taking to transition. I got the idea to take some videos of my "testosterone pack" which includes my testosterone bottle and box, 2 needles, cleaning wipes, and latex gloves. I will dedicate a separate post to some of those shots as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...