Thursday, March 29, 2018

Screenwriting 101

     Initially, I had found a website that specializes in helping you write a script without much work. Celtx has several branches of its program that help you do many things at once: write a script, draw a storyboard, create call sheets for set workers. However, I found that when I subscribed for their free trial they only offered a service for basic episodic screen writing. I did some more digging and found a page that gives me a visual on how to format a script well. Additionally, there's a add-on for Google Docs called "Screenplay Formatter" that is easy to navigate once installed. I rather use this application instead of Celtx or any other program. 
     Another question I had when I began using the add-on to transcribe my script was what font I should use on the official screenplay document. Luckily, I discovered a website that answered that very question. I will be using Courier, and the website also informed me on which font size to use too! (It's 12, by the way). 
     As I finalize my script, all of this information will be beneficial in helping me perfect my script. Can't wait to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...