Saturday, April 13, 2019

A Tale of Two Artists

     I have been translating for the majority of the time that I've been dedicating to this project, but I've also had time to be in touch with the artist of the piece I wanted to use as the poster. Miss Taylor Gensolin is a marvelous artist and peer of mine with a wide range of abilities in the arts. She chose to adapt my concept in water color. Her final product she gave to me Friday looked like this when I went to FedEx to have it scanned: 
     After having this scanned and placed onto a USB for approximately 93 cents, I went home and used Canva to place the artwork onto a poster with the streaming service logos and the tag, which is officially: "A Series About Real Americans." After I placed all the pictures onto a page on Canva, I was able to craft this: 
     After finishing the poster, I decided to add it to the website. The page featuring the piece is the "Where To Watch" tab of the website and looks like this: 
     Last but not least, I chose to update the profile pictures for the docuseries' Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as make a post and tweet featuring the poster and the official hashtag: #NewSeeds. There is also a consistent sense of branding created by having the profile pictures be the artwork for the main poster. The tree coming out of the book as well as the title easily become an icon. Here is how they ended up looking: 
     I, the digital artist, with the help of the artist with a brush, was able to create a poster that I am beyond proud of. It captures the beauty of immigrants in America, instilling a sense of positivity and hope in anyone that lays eyes on it. With this portion of the project being completed, that leaves me with the last two biographies to write and the excerpt to finish. Despite having a doctor's appointment in the morning (it's 1 AM on the 13th so Im speaking before going to sleep) and my spoken word team's final at a competition in the evening, I feel on track to be peacefully enjoying myself while watching Game of Thrones Sunday night. Wish me luck friends! I'll need it "tomorrow." Keep you guys updated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...