Friday, March 22, 2019

#Interviewed

     I realized today that I have yet to make a post reviewing the information I gathered from my mom last Friday during our interview. 
     It was interesting considering I had to do some on-the-spot reshoots due to her referring to me, the interviewer, by "you" rather than "Lau." Luckily I caught this dialogue from the second she started answering that way, so the reshooting wasn't excessive at all. 
     I also had a slight malfunction with a zoom in shot I was trying to take because the tri-pod was not adjusted to move smoothly and the frame moves abruptly at one point. I didn't want to reshoot that portion because of the genuine emotion my mom was delivering her thoughts with. I felt like trying to do a reshoot would've compromised the reality of the documentary, even if the audience may have not been able to tell. I value honesty rather than perfection in this case and I accept that I'll either have to supplment that portion of the zoom-in with a voiceover of her speaking on top of B-roll footage, substitute that small portion with B-roll and narration, or leave it as it is. Nonetheless, there are possible solutions to this mistake. 
     I haven't reviewed the footage like I should've already. I have some concerns for audio, considering I filmed outside which means we were subject to natural noises, cars in the neighborhood, etc. However, from the brief looking-over of footage I did after we shot the interview, I'm certain I don't need to do any reshooting and will simply have to do some audio cleaning to ensure my mom is heard clearly. 
     The good news is that I will be going to Tallahassee for spring break on Sunday and will be spending a lot of time working on my website and my excerpt. I will also keep everyone updated on the progress of the drawing as the artist I have chosen begins to bring it to life. My next post will most likely be an updated version of the checklist/schedule I've been following to keep track of my progress. See you guys soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...