Sunday, March 17, 2019

1-800-Artist

     Hello folks! I'm back to upload my first (extremely) rough draft of the promotional poster for the docu-series. Simultaneously, I'll be revealing the title for the series via the picture of my draft. It's not digitized and it's more of a concept drawing, but it's my first draft. 
     It would be an open book with an outline of the United States drawn inside to symbolize the stories of the people in the US I'm documenting. My classmate and good friend Maddie helped me come up with the title, which is supposed to encompass the way immigrants come to this country to plant new seeds. The weird things around the main tree symbolize small trees that are in the process of growing and instead of leaves at the end, I visualize small flags from all over the world supplmenting them. The tagline under the drawing will probably change since I'm not very satisfied with it. However, the end of poster detailing where the series will be available to watch will stay. I chose to omit any people from the poster because as much as the docu-series focuses on people, it doesn't fit to have those individuals be a representation of the message their stories are communicating on a poster. I firmly believe that the message must be what is depicted on the poster. I will be working on finding an artist to bring this idea to life well in the next week. Before then, I'll be thinking about colors that should be on the poster that will contribute to the sense of branding I am supposed to be cultivating in this project. See you guys next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...