Monday, April 8, 2019

A Glitch in the System

     So today I went ahead and tried to complete the social media pages I opened for the documentary, only to find a huge glitch in the system. Apparently the Youtube page I opened with Google was suspended (reason unknown) and I am unable to access it at this time. I requested that they revisit the suspension and an explanation of the page's use. Hopefully they're able to get back to me ASAP (I mentioned my deadline to urge) so that I can finish setting that up. If not, I don't want to risk creating an account that will be suspended and inaccessible to the people grading my project. Alternatively, I'll simply upload the content to my own Youtube channel and link that instead. Although not as fitting as having its own page, since I make it a point that I am the creator and an award winning one at that, it could also be deemed appropriate to have the content be on the director/producer's own page. 
     Aside from this small blip today, I've been able to design the other two pages I have for this docuseries. I started with Twitter since that isn't blocked by school wifi. Here is what I have so far for Twitter: 

     Here are some of the tweets I've sent so far. I have yet to link the website to either pages but I assume that will be the last thing I do once the website is up and running. The bio reads the same for both the Facebook page and the Twitter page: 

A biographical docuseries about real Americans who weren't born here. Available on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Showtime. Visit our website for a first look.

     I haven't made posts on the Facebook page yet, but I'll be doing that throughout this coming week until Sunday. The same goes for Twitter. This is how the Facebook page as of now: 
     I'll be editing my CCR in class tomorrow and by the end of tomorrow hopefully I'll be done with my mom's biography for the website. I asked her if it's okay to take a portrait picture of her for the website and although she's hesitant due to her self esteem, I think I'll be able to convince her that it wont be as bad as she thinks. I'll see you guys soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...