Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Time is a Tricky Thing

     The film editor I typically use, Wondershare Filmora, has heavy software that will put together my final production. I didn't deem it necessary to use such complex programming to create the timelapse effect I wanted to make with the sun going down outside my mom's house. Earlier in the year, our teacher gave us the online editor, "WeVideo," to use for a project we had to complete through there. The program is easy to use and because I wanted to avoid using Wondershare for such a small clip, I chose to utilize WeVideo in the creation of the timelapse. 
     I was a bit confused at the formatting for speed adjustments on the site however, so I had to seek some online help in figuring out how to produce a flawless time lapse. This article; https://wevideo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213107738-How-do-I-change-the-speed-of-my-video-clip- helped tremendously, explaining the difference between range and value in the settings. 
     The time lapse was created out of 4 continuous videos. The first three lasted approximately 12 minutes each and the last one lasted for 55 seconds. I sped each one up by the maximum value, 10x, and eliminated all of the background audio. This helped condense the 4 videos (total 37 minutes of footage) into 1 clean, 3 minute video. However, this timelapse is evidently too long even at maximum value. I can't possibly narrate for 3 minutes straight and the length is pointless in the piece. Therefore, I downloaded the first draft of the timelapse as it is and uploaded it again to the program. From there, I sped up the video by 10x once again to successfully trim it to 22 seconds. 
     After watching the final draft, I wasn't satisfied with the progression of the timelapse. I felt like there was a disproportionate amount of time dedicated to there still being light out in comparison to the amount of time showing the outside of the house at night. I was compelled to trim the clip further, shortening it to a sweet 14 seconds that will *hopefully* serve as a nice transition between my mom's day routine and her night routine. Here is the final product: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...