Monday, March 5, 2018

A Late Beginning

     Hey guys! I've been doing a lot of research in regards to what kind of direction I want my film opening to go in. More importantly, I've been dedicating time to the ideas I have in mind. Before settling on a solidified film pitch, I have gathered information on representation and how I should go about casting the roles for the feature I want to create. For example, I was considering revolving the movie's plot around a deaf character in a queer relationship. To do so, however, I had to investigate what would be okay and what would be deemed inappropriate when attempting to represent a person with a disability. As a queer person myself, I understand how to accurately portray that kind of relationship. On the other hand, I have no prior experience with deaf culture. Therefore, the next few posts will illustrate some of the research I've conducted to better develop my film idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...