Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Mini Film Fest in 4th Period

     Story time friends! I haven't mentioned this yet, but I am in my school's musical production and our shows are THIS WEEK! That being said, I've been spending a crazy amount of time with my other cast mates, so I took the opportunity to show them my final product today before our run through. Since I missed the group meeting last week in my media class, I thought it'd be a good idea to get feedback from my peers. 
     I was not expecting such kind words! In fact, I was very nervous that my audience wouldn't understand the direction of the film, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that that isn't the case at all! Initially, I had only shown one friend, and they had headphones in to listen to the audio. I hadn't noticed my other friend watching from over her shoulder, also paying attention to my project. The person listening to the audio understood that April was in an abusive relationship, and somehow, my other friend ALSO got the same idea, and they didn't even listen to the dialogue
     I also showed our choreographer, who also happens to be in AICE Media Studies, the opening and she loved the variety of shots I used to convey April's different emotions and to move between scenes. Another girl in drama, who is also in this class, reviewed the film and advised me to clean the audio further, which I am currently in the process of doing before I post my final product. I chose to show my opening to people who are also working on this same project and have the knowledge it takes to adequately criticize my film opening in terms of shots, angles, composition, editing, sound, and mise en scene. 
     All the feedback I received was welcomed with open arms and I am definitely feeling more and more confident with what my results are turning out to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Components

Here are the final products for my portfolio:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M72EHzKZIeqYTHNnsG7CsX76Hche1bE1/view?usp=sharing http...